If you are convicted of a DUI as a repeat offense, you might face prison time, fines, license suspension, and/or other consequences depending on the number of past DUI convictions. Because of this, it is absolutely necessary for anyone facing multiple DUI offenses to find experienced legal representation. This is the best way to guarantee fair treatment throughout the criminal justice process.
At Herbert & Lux, our team of experienced attorneys share years of experience defending individuals throughout the Nashville area against DUI charges. With a thorough understanding of Tennessee’s DUI laws, we know how to provide strong defense. Contact us at (615) 878-5537 for legal help.
Penalties for Multiple DUI Convictions in Tennessee
We are aware of the grave consequences that can result from multiple DUI convictions and are committed to guiding our clients in the right direction so that they can achieve the most favorable outcome possible. Below is information about the potential penalties for repeat DUI offenses in Tennessee:
2nd Time DUI Offense
For second-time offenders, potential penalties include:
- 45 days to 11 months and 29 days of jail time
- A mandatory fine of $600 to $3,500
- Driver’s license revocation for 2 years with a restricted license option
3rd Time DUI Offense
For third-time offenders, potential penalties can include:
- 120 days to 11 months and 29 days of jail time
- A mandatory fine of $1,100 to $10,000
- Driver’s license revocation for 6 years with a restricted license available
4th and Subsequent DUI Offenses
For fourth-time offenders and beyond, the penalties become even more severe, and you will be charged with a Class E felony. The potential penalties can include:
- Up to 1 year of jail time, with a minimum of 150 consecutive days served
- A mandatory fine of $3,000 to $15,000
- Driver’s license revocation for 8 years, with a restricted license available
All repeat DUI offenses might also carry the following:
- Paying restitution to anyone suffering personal injury or loss
- Vehicle seizure or forfeiture
- Mandatory attendance at a drug or alcohol treatment program
- Ignition Interlock Device installed in your vehicle at your expense (required for 6 months if 2 convictions within a 5-year period)
How Can a DUI Lawyer Help?
Navigating Tennessee’s tough DUI laws can be very challenging, especially if you have multiple offenses. Having an experienced DUI lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. A DUI lawyer can help you by:
- Representing you in court and helping you build a strong defense
- Negotiating with prosecutors to reduce charges or reach a plea bargain
- Helping you understand your rights and the laws involved in DUI cases
- Providing support and guidance throughout the legal process
Contact Herbert & Lux Today
If you have been charged with multiple DUI offenses, the legal team at Herbert & Lux will conduct an exhaustive investigation into the details and evidence of your case in order to guarantee the most favorable outcome.
Call us today at (615) 878-5537 to take advantage of our free consultation.