Tennessee maintains strict DUI laws designed to protect the public. If you’re under the influence of any intoxicating substance while operating a motor vehicle, you may be liable to stiff penalties including fines, court-ordered rehabilitation, and in some cases, jail time.
If you’re facing a DUI, you need a top-rated Nashville DUI lawyer to represent you during this trying time effectively. Our attorneys are familiar with each aspect of the court proceedings and can prove to you with the bold advocacy you need in your case.
If you’re facing DUI charges, don’t let yourself get lost in the justice system.
Penalties for DUI in Tennessee
Tennessee maintains some of the most strict DUI laws in the country. In the state of Tennessee, it is unlawful to drive any motor vehicle on any public roads, as well as some other public areas if you’re under the influence of any intoxicating substance. Blood alcohol content of 0.08% or higher qualifies as a DUI.
Regardless of the severity of your offense, penalties can be severe. A first offense for DUI carries a penalty of:
- Up to 11 months jail time
- Revoked license for 1 year with a restricted license available
- Mandatory participation in alcohol and drug treatment program
- Paying restitution to anyone who was injured or suffered loss as a result of the DUI
- Fines ranging from $350-$1,500 (but with additional expenses, total cost could add up to just under $5,000)
- Ignition Interlock Device installed at your expense. (Could cost more than $1,000).
Repeat DUI offenses carry even higher penalties. DUI charges are serious, and they have the power to impact every aspect of your life including your family, personal and professional life. Don’t let this mistake define you – call us today for the help you deserve.
Well-Versed in All DUI/DWI Charges
Our team of experienced and aggressive Nashville DUI lawyers knows how to handle every aspect of your DUI proceedings, regardless of how severe. We are members of the National DUI Defense Lawyers Association (DUIDLA), which exists to support the top-rated DUI defense lawyers in the nation.
We have extensive handling cases involving the following and more:
- Aggravated DUI
- Underage DUI
- DUI with drugs
- Fighting Field Sobriety Tests
- Implied Consent
- Independent Blood Testing
- Fighting Breathalyzer Results
- DUI Causing Injury or Death
- DUI Leaving the Scene
- Felony DUI
If you’re facing criminal charges, it’s critical that you have the kind of counsel in your corner that not only understands every facet of Nashville DUI law but can also protect your rights while defending you from the harsh penalties you may be facing. At Herbert & Lux, we know your rights, and how we can best defend you against the charges you’re facing.
Defenses Against DUI Charges
At Herbert & Lux, an experienced Nashville DUI lawyer will review every aspect of your case from top to bottom to exonerate you of your charges.
Our lawyers will work tirelessly to examine aspects of your case, such as:
- Why were you pulled over?
- Was the officer actively looking to complete a DUI arrest, or did they just happen upon your vehicle?
- What evidence (if any) did the officer encounter that allowed him to investigate further if you were under the influence?
- Does the state allege that you broke a traffic law? If yes, was a citation issued for the offense?
- Were field sobriety tests correctly administered?
- Was there a problem with the breathalyzer or blood draw procedure?
- Were there any witnesses?
- Is there footage of the arrest we can review?
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your arrest, you need to retain a top Nashville DUI attorney to review your case in search of the kind of evidence that can prove your innocence.
The Bold Advocacy You Need Now
With years of combined experience defending against DUI charges, our top-rated Nashville DUI attorneys can provide the experience, professionalism, and diligence you need to come out on the right side of these charges.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We can pair you with a top Nashville DUI lawyer who will work tirelessly to defend you from the charges you're facing. Your future is on the line, and we have the experience and know-how you need.We also offer free consultations, so please don’t wait to contact our firm online today or call us (615) 878-5537.