Medical malpractice, also known as medical negligence, occurs when a medical professional (such as a doctor, nurse, or technician) breaches the standard of care owed to a patient, resulting in injury or death. This breach of care can be due to a number of issues, such as misdiagnosis, improper treatment, failure to provide treatment, or a failure to properly inform the patient of the risks associated with a certain procedure.
At Herbert & Lux, we understand how devastating medical malpractice can be for victims and their families. Our Nashville medical malpractice lawyers offer compassion and support to those suffering from medical negligence, and we fight to hold those responsible for their actions accountable. We have the experience and resources needed to properly investigate and litigate even the most complex medical malpractice cases.
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury due to medical negligence, contact Herbert & Lux today at (615) 878-5537. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and we will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take many forms, but there are some common types of medical negligence cases that occur the most frequently. These include:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: In some cases, a doctor may fail to diagnose a condition in a timely manner, or may make an incorrect diagnosis.
- Failure to Treat or Improper Treatment: A doctor may fail to properly treat or diagnose a condition, or may provide improper or inadequate treatment.
- Prescription Errors: Prescribing the wrong medication or dosage, or failing to warn a patient of the risks associated with a certain medication, can have devastating consequences.
- Surgical Errors: Operating on the wrong body part, leaving a foreign object inside a patient, or performing a procedure unsafely can all lead to serious injury.
- Birth Injuries: Doctors must exercise extreme caution and judgment during labor and delivery. Failure to do so can cause significant harm to mother and/or child.
- Anesthesia Errors: Anesthesiologists must be careful to monitor a patient’s vital signs and administer the correct dosage of anesthesia. Anesthesia errors can lead to brain damage or death.
What to Do After an Injury
If you or someone you love has been injured due to medical negligence, the first step you should take is to seek medical attention. It is important to document any medical treatments you receive, as this can help to build a case if you decide to pursue legal action.
After receiving medical treatment, you should consider speaking with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. At Herbert & Lux, our Nashville medical malpractice attorneys can review your case and help you understand all of your legal options. We can investigate the incident, review all available evidence, and help you to determine the best course of action.
Call Herbert & Lux Today
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to medical negligence, the Nashville medical malpractice attorneys at Herbert & Lux can help. We understand the complexities of these types of cases, and we are dedicated to helping our clients secure the compensation they deserve.
Our attorneys have years of experience handling complex medical malpractice claims, and we have the resources and knowledge necessary to properly investigate and litigate your case. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and we will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Call Herbert & Lux today at (615) 878-5537 to schedule your free consultation. We are committed to fighting for justice and helping you get the compensation you need to move forward.