Injury and Crash Rate Data from Across the State
There are few things more traumatic than being involved in a serious car accident, but the reality is that thousands of people are injured or killed in crashes each year. Throughout Tennessee, over 1,300 people died last year in traffic accidents. Unfortunately, the fatality rate remains far from the target of zero deaths.
At Herbert & Lux, our car accident attorneys provide dedicated representation to individuals who have been injured or lost a loved one in crashes throughout Nashville. Our lawyers will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve after a wreck. Contact our office today at (615) 878-5537 to schedule a free case consultation.
Car Accident Fatalities in Tennessee
According to the Department of Safety & Homeland Security, there were 1,327 traffic fatalities in the state in 2021. The number was 110 higher than the previous year.
Tennessee motor vehicle fatality statistics in 2021:
- The fatality rate was 1.61.
- There were 825.96 hundred million vehicle miles traveled.
- There were 164 motorcyclist fatalities.
- A senior driver (65+) was involved in 265 of the fatal crashes.
- 177 pedestrians were killed and seven pedalcyclists.
- Large trucks were involved in 187 fatal traffic accidents.
Last year, the total number of traffic accident fatalities dropped slightly to 1,313, with September being the deadliest month. If you lose a loved one in a crash, you need to speak with a Nashville car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and help you pursue compensation for your losses.
An Overview of Car Crash Facts in the State
From 2015-2019, the average number of motorists killed on Tennessee roads was 1,035. In 2020, that number jumped to 1,217, representing a 17.6% increase.
Fast facts about Tennessee car crashes (2020):
- There were over 6,500 motor vehicle accidents involving deer, including one fatality.
- Driver distraction was a contributing factor in 23,815 crashes.
- Over 40% of distracted driving accidents were front-to-rear collisions.
- 7,332 traffic accidents involved an impaired driver.
- Accidents involving an impaired driver were 14x more likely to result in a fatality.
- 10% of fatal crashes involved impairment of alcohol and drugs.
- Motorcycles were involved in 5.6% of fatal crashes.
Statistics show that the majority of accidents are caused by negligence or wrongdoing, meaning that they are 100% preventable. Things like speeding, distraction, and impairment account for a large proportion of crashes, each of which can be avoided.
Contact Our Office Today If You Are Involved in an Accident
Were you involved in a car accident in Nashville, TN? Contact our office today at (615) 878-5537 to schedule a free consultation. Let our experienced legal team get you the compensation you deserve after a collision.
We will fight to maximize your damages and ensure that you do not end up settling for less than your case is worth. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and will not rest until you get the money you need. Call our office now to speak with an attorney.