Your Nashville Family Attorney at Law
Families in Nashville, TN that are dealing with family issues, sometimes experience unique challenges and complex conflicts that require legal intervention and resolution.
From divorce to child support and visitation, to establishing the responsibilities and rights of a parent, these matters often require experienced and diligent legal support.
At Herbert and Lux Attorneys at Law, our team comprises an exceptional staff of experienced, dedicated, and compassionate lawyers and legal professionals that will fight hard for your rights.
We know family comes first, and we’ll work tirelessly to make sure your interests and what’s right for your family is at the forefront of everything we do.
What you’re going through is difficult, and having a lawyer who understands that is important. There can be a lot at stake while dealing with family cases, and you don’t want just anyone on your side, you want the best representation possible.
With years of dedicated service behind them, our seasoned team of attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the complex Nashville, TN legal system and work hard to get you the outcome you desire.
Family Law Cases/Circumstances we can Help With Include:
- Divorce – While divorce proceedings are notoriously known to get a bit heated and confrontational, our team works to minimize conflicts. We negotiate and advocate to find amicable yet favorable outcomes for our clients with regards to issues such as division of property, parental responsibility, child support, alimony and more. Our team has extensive experience in both uncontested and contested divorces and are here to help.
- Alimony and Spousal Support – Representing some of the most contentious issues in family law are alimony and spousal support cases. While a number of factors are considered by the courts under Nashville, TN law, a primary focus is generally placed on the ability of the payor spouse and the financial need of the recipient spouse. Alimony issues can be complicated, involving fact-intensive analysis of various factors such as assets, income, duration of the marriage, standard of living, and more. We can work closely with you to protect your interests and ensure that determinations regarding support are both equitable and fair
- Child Custody, Time-Sharing, and Parental Responsibility – In Tennessee, courts have changed the terminology of “custody” to “Primary Residential Parent” (PRP) and “Alternate Residential Parent” (ARP). The ARP represents the parent with visitation rights, and the PRP represents the parent named as the “custodial parent”. Child custody is all about the kids. And as such, courts are required to make their decisions based on the children’s best interests in mind. At Herbert and Lux, we’ll help position and present you as the most “fit” parent for custody and will fight hard to help you earn a positive outcome.
Some factors courts may use for determination include:
- The daily needs and routine of the child
- Which parent was the primary caretaker previously
- Which parent was the primary caretaker previously
- And more…
- Child Support – In Tennessee, the primary residential parent is eligible to receive child support from the alternate residential parent (i.e. the parent with visitation only). Many parents go through the process without fully understanding how payments are calculated and what can affect the amount required or allowable under law, leaving them and their children missing out on benefits that are entitled to them. Let our team help walk you through the factors courts consider and help make sure you get all the benefits you’re owed.
- Divorce Mediation – Mediation offers an alternative method of dispute resolution that is generally more civil, amicable and less expensive. While mediation must go through an independent third party absent of a courtroom, our team can advise you on how to protect your rights as you go through the process.
- Military Divorce – Those divorces involving military personnel can be more complex than those for civilians, requiring the application of unique legal stipulations.
Other Representation we Provide in the Area of Family Law Includes:
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Paternity suits
- Divorce modifications
- Child support modifications
- And more…
Having helped countless individuals and families like yours, the attorneys at Herbert and Lux will advocate on your behalf and work towards the best possible outcome for your case.
Our goals are simple. Identify what you need, and let our seasoned civil litigation lawyers go to work. Many of our cases are resolved amicably, eliminating the stress of having to go to trial. That being said, we are not afraid to take your case to trial if it means a better outcome for you. Let our years of experience and positive judgments help you. When it comes to defending our clients our resolve has never been stronger.
When to Seek Out Legal Counsel and Representation
Family law usually involves at least two parties. Each is facing an outcome that will ultimately affect the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, most of the cases that end up in family court are not pleasant and can get downright ugly. With emotions running high and stress at critical levels, having a team to advocate on your behalf can take a lot of the pressures and stresses of a court ordeal off of your shoulders.
Compassionate yet Vigorous Representation
Representing yourself may result in the other party’s lawyer taking advantage of the situation and exploiting the fact that you don’t have counsel to protect your rights. The attorneys at Herbert and Lux are seasoned professionals who and both understanding and compassionate to your situation. But when it comes time to fight for your case, we will be relentless in doing everything we can under Nashville laws to help stack the deck in your favor.
Guidance and Support
We’ll guide you through the proper legal documents and court procedures, making sure to explain what’s going on, as well as what we expect to happen. You have enough on your plate without being blindsided in the courtroom. We will not let our clients be taken advantage of, and we are prepared to litigate aggressively if need be.
Things Aren’t Always as Simple as they Seem
Sometimes a case can appear cut-and-dry on the surface. These are the cases that unravel quickly, leaving you frustrated and in over your head. When an individual becomes too overwhelmed it is easy for things to get overlooked. Having a strong legal team will help you overcome any complications that come your way. At Herbert and Lux, our dedicated team will be with you every step of the way. Not all family cases can be resolved quickly. Rest assured, our attorneys will represent you until a resolution is reached.
Free Nashville, TN Legal Consultation
At Herbert and Lux, we offer a free case evaluation to our clients. We do this for a few different reasons. It is important for us to meet you. Understanding your needs and what you hope to achieve is vital. This first meeting also gives us a chance to learn all the facts surrounding your case. Our attorneys will be able to answer some of your questions and assess what your case may need. We know that understanding your legal rights is important. It can lend a different point of view when making decisions about your future.
What you are going through is a sensitive situation that requires care and attention. In our initial meeting, we would hope to lay some groundwork while keeping your needs in mind. We want to hear from you and provide the legal expertise you deserve. This first meeting will be a general discussion. We are sure you will leave our office feeling more prepared. At Herbert and Lux, we do all we can to provide you with answers to those more difficult questions.
Get the Representation and Support You Deserve
The bottom line is that Herbert and Lux would love to defend you. At the same time, we understand you may feel the need to look around first. There are a lot of different family law attorneys out there. It’s easy to become lost in a sea of referrals and misinformation. In knowing this, we are confident our team will end up being the best fit for you. Our experienced and professional attorneys will make your case a priority. Their goal, to provide you with outstanding legal representation throughout your case.
Your family is important to us, and we will do everything in our power to render you the outcome you deserve. The attorneys at Herbert and Lux will never treat your case as a number. We keep around-the-clock hours to make sure our availability remains convenient for you. Let Herbert and Lux handle your case so you can get back to living your life. Your case can’t wait. Contact our Nashville civil litigation lawyers for a free consultation today.
You’ve made it to the other side of the tunnel. Your divorce is now finalized and you have your divorce decree in hand. The difficult part is over, right? But what’s next? For some, this is a time for relief and represents the opportunity to ease back into...
Get Professional Legal Help
Why Choose Us
- Our team is available to take your call 24/7 – day or night
- Our attorneys have worked on the other side of the courtroom
- Our lawyers have hundreds of hours of trial experience
- We are aggressive and honest in our pursuit to uphold your rights
- Our firm has successfully negotiated settlements and achieved positive results for our clients who have suffered injuries through no fault of their own
- We will review your case for FREE in an initial consultation
- We are a devoted and highly rated team of professional advocates
Let’s Get Started Today
Do not wait any longer – we can start reviewing your case. Send us a quick email and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Herbert & Lux
Nashville Criminal Defense Attorneys
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship